More Than Millwork
Gator Millworks is a growing regional millwork company active in both the commercial and residential markets. We are searching for self-motivated people to add to our Engineering Department. Candidate must be proficient in 3D modeling software such as AutoCAD Inventor, Solid Works or have used Cabinet Vision or Microvellum extensively. Candidate must be ready to work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to work collectively with other staff members.
This position will work with our Pre-Construction Department and Project Management Team creating submittal drawings for upcoming projects. These drawings will be submitted for review to the general contractor, architect and interior designer working on the project. A submittal engineer will review the returned drawings and make revisions as required until approval is given to us by the general contractor or design team.
The Submittal Engineer will work closely with Project Managers and Production Engineers while managing drafting resources to complete submittal drawings with an emphasis on accuracy for constructibility and consideration for schedule and field constraints specific to the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and accurately interpret architectural, interior design and construction drawings and specifications.
- Review and understand contracted scope of work.
- Utilize existing documented construction details where possible to meet design intent of contracted scope items.
- Produce custom construction details where needed to meet design intent of contracted scope items.
- Follow and execute responsibilities to documented standards and processes.
- Collaborate with team members to accurately complete engineering tasks in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance to Project Managers to resolve project challenges and deadlines to the satisfaction of the client.
- Research and/or verify all material and hardware specifications for project during engineering.
- 3 Years’ Experience with 3D Modeling Software or 3 Years’ Experience with Cabinet Vision or Microvellum.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a fast pace environment.
- Superior communication and organization development skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products.
- Familiar with general building practices with the ability to read blueprints.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits offered including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as 401(k) with company match.